The Lightship Group, LLC Employment Opportunity
The Lightship Group, located in North Kingstown, RI, is a highly respected ship repair and marine engineering & technical services organization located in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. We have been providing our services to the US Government (Navy, Coast Guard, MarAd, NOAA, Military Sealift Command), State (University of Rhode Island RV Endeavor), commercial (American and foreign ocean going ships, tugs & barges), offshore wind entities (Alstom and GE Wind), non-profit (Mystic Seaport, US Lightship Museum) and related industrial entities for over 35 years
Our services include ship repair (mechanical, electrical, piping, hydraulic, welding), marine system design, alteration and trouble-shooting, marine fabrication (steel,, aluminum, specialty metals) and predictive maintenance (vibration analysis, thermography). In addition, Lightship has a Power Systems Division that sells and services marine, industrial and residential primary and standby power systems.
The Marine Estimator will be responsible to the Senior Marine Estimator to assist in developing accurate and competitive estimates and proposals for bids and specifications issued by Lightship’s customers for ship repair work and fabrications. Work Items estimated will include, but not be limited to: ship alterations, new installations, steel and specialty metal repairs and fabrications, mechanical repairs, valve overhauls, deck machinery overhauls, electrical repairs, hydraulic system repairs, etc. Generally speaking, this assistance will require becoming familiar with and working with Lightship’s in-house Computerized QB Estimating System; inputting Work Item labor material, subcontractor and consumable requirements into the system; and assistance with the analysis of specifications and drawings to developing accurate identification of the work effort to be performed, the labor to be expended, and the equipment, materials and subcontractors necessary to safely, successfully and profitably accomplish the work required.
- Input bid requirements into Lightship’s QB Estimating System
- Read Specifications and reference materials to identify work item steps and materials, equipment and subcontractors needed.
- Source materials, suppliers and sub-contractors needed to accomplish work items with assistance from Lightship’s Purchasing Agent.
- Ensure materials identified comply with required government specifications and requirements.
- Ensure all vendors, subcontractors and temporary agencies identified have appropriate documentation and certifications to perform work required.
- Draft estimates for review by Senior Marine Estimator.
- Assist with bid submittals and developing documentation required.
- Work with Lightship Production Group to identify work approach for bid development.
The Lightship Group, LLC
Marine Estimator, (Con’t) Page 2
- Maintain historical bid information in Lightship’s QB Estimating System.
The employee must have experience or demonstrate an ability to understand the following general areas of operations as applied to the marine industry:
- Marine Repair & Fabrication Estimating
- Blueprint Reading and Interpretation
- Work Safety Requirements and Personal Protective Equipment use and application.
- Microsoft Office Software and familiarity with computer operations
Applicant should have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Two (2) years experience in ship repair estimating, ship repair, or a related activity desired. Applicant should be a United States citizen with a valid driver’s license. The successful applicant will be required to have a preemployment physical and pass/undergo a background check.
Salary & Benefits:
The Lightship Group, LLC offers competitive salaries based on experience, and a benefit package consisting of medical and dental plans, life insurance, company sponsored 401k plan, voluntary AFLAC policies, 10 paid holidays, and vacation and sick time accrual.
The Lightship Group, LLC participates in the Federal E-Verify program.
Please submit a resume to The Lightship Group, LLC via email to email@example.com, or mail resume to:
The Lightship Group, LLC
P.O. Box 1470
Wickford, RI 02852
Lightship Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer